[FM] waterbug CD

Rich Brown b42n81 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 17 20:36:08 EDT 2004

on 8/16/04 5:15 AM, Mark Humphreys at markh at trough.com wrote:

> I come from the right side of the political spectrum, and I happen to find
> Toby
> Keith's music beyond idiotic and excruciatingly unlistenable.  I disagree with
> the politics of most of my colleagues in the folk community, but as a rule I
> find their company preferable to that of most of the people I agree with
> politically, and the music made by them supremely fulfilling and deeply
> meaningful, even when I don't happen to agree with what they might be saying
> with it.
I have to ask you Mark why is it that you prefer the company of people you
disagree with politically?  At the risk of drawing fire from the other side,
I think it's because lefty's political philosophy is that of inherently
nicer people.  I'd rather be stranded on a desert island with Steve Earle
than Rush Limbaugh even though both are pretty strident, because I could
trust Steve in a critical situation where I'd have to watch my back with
Rush.  I dare say the same applies to Kerry v. Bush.  Just a thought you
might want to explore.

Rich Brown